Tuesday, February 22, 2005

50 THINGS ABOUT ME

50 THINGS ABOUT ME (because I can't think of 100 quite yet)

1. When I was born I only weighed 4 lbs 10 oz and was in an incubator
2. Because of this one of the nurses baptized me because she thought I was going to die
3. I once kicked a nun in the shins for slapping me with a ruler for using my left hand
4. When I was little (like 2 yrs old) my family used to give me wine to boost my appetite
5. I am old enough to remember 5 cent cokes and penny candy costing one penny
6. I am old enough to remember that typewriters had the cents symbol
7. When I was 6 years old I called up the number in the Sears Catalogue and told the operator I wanted to order a pair of red high-heeled shoes – I got in a lot of trouble with my mother
8. My love for reading came from Sister Dorothy reading ‘Charlotte’s Web’ to us in the 4th grade
9. I wanted to be a nun when I was in the 4th grade (probably because of Sister Dorothy)
10. I used to think I could hear ‘saints’ talking to me when I was little, I also remember the eyes in the picture of the Virgin Mary and Jesus following my every move (did anyone else feel that way?)
11. I had practically no friends all through grade school
12. My closest friend in grade school (she was in fact my ONLY real friend) - died of a horrible inoperable brain tumour – she was only 12 years old
13. I was and have always been terrified of crucifixes – therefore I can not walk into a Catholic Church alone
14. I am afraid of most churches for similar reasons (being afraid of statues etc). The ONLY exception to this is the old Catholic Church where I went for my Yoga teacher training classes
15. I grew up in a town called Verona
16. When I was between the ages of 12-13 years old my brother fell and cut his shin so badly you could see through to the bone – I had to carry him home and call my dad home from work because my mom wanted to faint
17. Around the same time in my life, my other brother started a fire in our kitchen and I had to put it out, nurse the cut he got form trying to put it out and then called a nurse who was a neighbor of ours – I was on my way out to get her to come to our house to tend to him when my folks came home, saw me leaving and grounded me for 2 weeks! As you can tell I am still very pissed about that one.
18. I began smoking at the age of 12 years old – I quit ‘cold turkey’ when I was 19 years old
19. I can, to this day, have one cigarette at a bar and not want any more
20. I once got to meet Jeffrey Dahmer at a party (YES! THAT Jeffrey Dahmer)
21. I slept with one of my former HS English teachers (after I got out of HS of course)
22. I have dropped Acid (several times) and done other drugs – but not heroin
23. I got to meet Bob Dylan, hang out with his ‘roadies’ and was able to get the pillow case from his room (unfortunately I don’t know what happened to it)
24. I worked in a carnival
25. While in the carnival, I was arrested by FBI agents for ‘running and operating an illegal gambling device’
26. I lived for three months in a van in New Orleans
27. While living in New Orleans, I made friends with a Voodoo Priestess
28. I hitchhiked from New Orleans all the way back to Cleveland
29. My first Internet pen-pal was a chief technical officer for W.H.O. (World Health Organization) and he once sent me 5 lbs of chocolate from Geneva, Switzerland
30. I LOVE having sex outdoors
31. I hate the woman I work with
32. I hate money and wish we could ‘barter’ for things instead
33. I hate the Internet at times
34. I have a crush on one of my Yoga teachers
35. I plan to one day live in either France, Ireland or Canada (possibly all three)
36. I used to practice with a Pagan group and we called ourselves the ‘Uncoven’
37. I dreamt of my mother’s death one year before she died – almost to the day
38. When I read Tarot Cards I can actually ‘see’ things happening to the people I am reading for
39. A lot of the premonitions I have had have come true
40. My father ‘drank’ away the money for my mom’s headstone and I had to confront him about it when I was an adult so I could get his permission to replace it
41. I don’t like sushi
42. I can’t stand the taste of whiskey, bourbon or scotch
43. I have a weakness for Irish men and would love to sleep with Gabriel Byrne or Daniel Day Lewis (but I don’t think he’s really Irish)
44. My biggest joys in my life are my children (DUH!)
45. Second only to my grandchildren (even bigger DUH!)
46. I am fluent in French in writing only – I can speak a little bit of Italian, Spanish, German, Hebrew, and Mandarin Chinese
47. I love getting caught in the rain (in warm weather only)
48. I love snowfalls and playing in the snow
49. My dream is to live in the mountains overlooking the sea one day (preferably away from people)
50. I want to write a book but don’t know where to start

8 Comments:

Blogger grumpiest girl in the room said...

"I want to write a book but don’t know where to start "

You could start with some of the fascinating experiences you've just mentioned. What a great list! Thanks for posting it.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Liam said...

Holy Crap!! I knew you were a fascinating person, that list only proves just how much!

I am honored and humbled to be counted among your friends!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shalom Collette,

Great list. Sometime I'll have to tell you MY Catholic church story.

B'shalom,

Jeff

8:25 PM  
Blogger Kat(i)e said...

Nice list!

7:33 PM  
Blogger rmacapobre said...

> want to write a book

how about finding a service that prints out hardcopies of peoples blogs? ^_^

> fluent french

im mistaken. honest mistake. thought you were like me .. just a beginner :) oops.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I'm glad you linked to my blog...it looks like we have lots in common...You are an amazing person. I am excited to get to read your blog, as well.

5:45 PM  
Blogger yana said...

shit! that jeffery dahmer?? lol. what a cool list.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am afraid because I think you are me.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket